search user
Clipland Forum Other

PLEASE Mercedes Benz String commericial

(Messages 1 to 15 of 44 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 20 years ago

i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
the song is by a girl(sounds kind of like jewel) and the ending lyrics are like..
string around my finger..
what a world what a life oh im in love.
any help? anyone? please?
# 2 20 years ago

ruby
I'VE GOT THE WORLD ON A STRING
http://www.lindycafe.com/_music/lyrics/worldonastring.html
Peggy Lee or Diana Krall
i like Frank Sinatra singing it
# 3 20 years ago

Rosh
I think it may be Diana Krall's version of the 'I've got the world on a string' song. Frank Sinatra has sung that song and so has a few people. THe only thing is I've never heard Diana Krall's version, and judging by the jazzy nature of the song, the song in the commercial could be hers.
If you get anymore information be sure to post!
# 4 20 years ago

Rosh
Actually, I was wrong, it's not Diana Krall, nor does it seem to be Peggy Lee.
# 5 20 years ago

'O' Man I Want The Ver.Of World On A String Sang By Whoever Does The Benz Commericial(She Sound So Smooth) If Ya Find Out Who It Is Let Me Know...Thanks...
# 6 20 years ago

Babie Cakez3
its called 'i've got the world on a string'

# 7 20 years ago

It's not by either Diana Krall or Peggy lee. I;m still scouring google for the singer, to no avail.
# 8 20 years ago

could it be norah jones?
# 9 20 years ago

> Actually, I was wrong, it's not Diana Krall, nor does it seem to be Peggy Lee.
Although I haven't heard her CD yet I'm guessing it might be Jennifer Ware. If you go to her distributor: http://www.theorchard.com/ and search for Jennifer Ware you get her page with this info about her 'I've got the World on A String' CD:
'Jazz standards from Gershwin/Porter Berlin with great guitar arrangements and solos by Joe Puma.'
Just a guess though.

# 10 20 years ago

Steve Lionbird
> i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
I am currently on the same hunt ...
It is not Diana Krall .. it is a new recording in that commercial ... perhaps done for the commercial ..
I'm having trouble finding out myself who it is ...
but the song is World on a String
# 11 20 years ago

it may also be eva cassidy. she did a great version too.
# 12 20 years ago

> i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
> the song is by a girl(sounds kind of like jewel) and the ending lyrics are like..
> string around my finger..
: what a world what a life oh im in love.
> any help? anyone? please?

According to ad-rag(http://ad-rag.com/print.php?sid=104559) it's an original arrangement and not available on CD. Here is their info:
'Tune - I've Got The World on a String
Music - Harold Arlen
Lyrics - Ted Koehler
The version in the spot is an original arrangement.
Music studio: Sound Music
Vocalist: Ann M. Hayden
Sorry, but the track ain't available on CD'

# 13 20 years ago

> could it be norah jones?

I thought it was Nora Jones at first, but it's not on her CD, nor does it show up when I search for it on Kazaa/Google. It sounds like her, and she might have just recorded it for the commcial. In that case, it's not avable for distribution. I hope someone can find out who sings it soon!

# 14 20 years ago

According to ad-rag(http://ad-rag.com/print.php?sid=104559) it's an original arrangement and not available on CD. Here is their info:
'Tune - I've Got The World on a String
Music - Harold Arlen
Lyrics - Ted Koehler
The version in the spot is an original arrangement.
Music studio: Sound Music
Vocalist: Ann M. Hayden
Sorry, but the track ain't available on CD'

# 15 20 years ago

> : i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
> According to ad-rag(http://ad-rag.com/print.php?sid=104559) it's an original arrangement and not available on CD. Here is their info:
: 'Tune - I've Got The World on a String
: Music - Harold Arlen
: Lyrics - Ted Koehler
: The version in the spot is an original arrangement.
: Music studio: Sound Music
: Vocalist: Ann M. Hayden
: Sorry, but the track ain't available on CD'
Damn.

(Messages 1 to 15 of 44 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread