search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

ATT Wireless Phone Commercial

(Messages 1 to 15 of 21 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 6 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 21 years ago

amelia
hey anyone know what the name of that some is in the ATT commercial i think some of the lyrics are 'hey hello' or something and then it goes 'now that you're finally on your own' and 'you're on my mind but don't you know'. HELP PLEASE! this has been driving me crazy for weeks.
# 2 21 years ago

If you figure this out, will you write to let me know? Please? Thanks.
> hey anyone know what the name of that some is in the ATT commercial i think some of the lyrics are 'hey hello' or something and then it goes 'now that you're finally on your own' and 'you're on my mind but don't you know'. HELP PLEASE! this has been driving me crazy for weeks.

# 3 21 years ago

yeap, it's been growing on me as well. but perhaps it was composed solely for the commercial.
# 4 21 years ago

Cam
It kind of sounds like some neo-Nick Drake indie rocker. It isnt Nick Drake is it? I have heard the song before, so I know it was not made for the commercial.

# 5 21 years ago

cam
It is the Kings of Convenience- Poison Girl
# 6 21 years ago

eric
Kings of Convenience does not sing Poison Girl, but they do sing Toxic Girl and that is not the right song. I'm still looking. Hope to find an answer soon.
# 7 21 years ago

cam
It is the Kings of Convenience, but I may have had the song title wrong

# 8 21 years ago

cam
Actually it definitely is Toxic Girl or something extremely similar -on the Kings of Con. CD, Quiet is the New Loud which is very good. I think they are from Norway. You can hear samples here:
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.asp?pfid=2312047&cc=USD

# 9 21 years ago

Eric
i've downloaded several songs and no match yet. do you have any idea what the title is?
# 10 21 years ago

Eric
I still can't find any of the Kings of Convenience songs that match the one from the ATT commercial. Are you sure it is the Kings of Convenience?
# 11 21 years ago

Scotty
> i've downloaded several songs and no match yet. do you have any idea what the title is?
I am pretty sure its 'Winning a battle, losing the war'.

# 12 21 years ago

> hey anyone know what the name of that some is in the ATT commercial i think some of the lyrics are 'hey hello' or something and then it goes 'now that you're finally on your own' and 'you're on my mind but don't you know'. HELP PLEASE! this has been driving me crazy for weeks.
I just received an email from someone from another web page forum. They tell me that att says that the song was just made up for the commercial and is not really a song. I don't know if this is true but they said they emailed att to ask.
# 13 21 years ago

> i've downloaded several songs and no match yet. do you have any idea what the title is?

I believe Cam has his MLife commercials mixed up. 'Toxic Girl' is the song on the MLife commercial where the couple gets on the bus or train...the original poster of this thread was asking about the commercial where the father slips the cellphone under his daughter's door. sorry - haven't figured the title to this one out yet.

# 14 21 years ago

MAD at ATT
After months of searching the net for the song containing the lyrics 'Hey hello, now that you're finally on your own...', I decided to email AT&T Wireless directly. I just received this response:
Dear ...
As a valued customer, your mLife is always our first priority. Thank you for contacting AT&T Wireless regarding the song in the AT&T Wireless mLife commercial. The song you heard the commercial was a melody created especially for this advertisement. The song has no name, and is not available for purchase.
There's never been a better time to have an mLife. Your mLife isn't just wireless, it's wireless reinvented. We invite you to participate in a brief survey about your AT&T Wireless e-mail Customer Service experience. You may use the link below to access the survey.
http://www.travis-surveys.com/attws/econ
Thanks for choosing AT&T Wireless. We appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
Shannon
AT&T Wireless
Online Customer Service
attwireless.com
-----------------------

# 15 21 years ago

FINALLY
It's Toxic Girl by Kings of Convenience if you are looking for the MLife song that shows the boy and the girl on a bus. They are separated and communicate via wireless text. Buffalo are charging with the bus's passing.

: hey anyone know what the name of that some is in the ATT commercial i think some of the lyrics are 'hey hello' or something and then it goes 'now that you're finally on your own' and 'you're on my mind but don't you know'. HELP PLEASE! this has been driving me crazy for weeks.

(Messages 1 to 15 of 21 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 6 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread