search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

The Mitsubishi advert

(Messages 1 to 15 of 25 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 10 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 20 years ago

Please can you tell me if there is a cd on the mitsubishi advert and the name of the singer. I think the title is Don't mess around with him. I would be very grateful if you could help me on this. Many thanks.
Tina Tregear
# 2 20 years ago

If it is the L200 advert, the song is dont mess around with Jim, by Jim Croce. Good isn't it!!
# 3 20 years ago

Hey I got the Jim Croce version but it isn't as good as the one on the advert. Does anyone know who sings it on the advert?
Be good guys
# 4 20 years ago

PLEASE COULD YOU ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT THE FOLLOWING.... PAT(RICIA)

> Please can you tell me if there is a cd on the mitsubishi advert and the name of the singer. I think the title is Don't mess around with him. I would be very grateful if you could help me on this. Many thanks.
> Tina Tregear
# 5 20 years ago

Blue
It's by Josh Turner, apparently.

:) Blue
# 6 20 years ago

Thanks Blue

I came here to ask the same question...I really like it, but Jim Croce didnt have the same sound. So it's Josh Turner, thank you again...Marilyn
# 7 20 years ago

Blue
Hmmmm...

I'm not entirely convinced of the Josh Turner bit now.
They've produced a completely new edit to suit the advert - The 'ute you can't root -
for the L200;

56k - http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/notices/l200_video_56_30.asp

Broadband - http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/notices/l200_video_broad_30.asp

But the Josh Turner version sounds much closer!

# 8 20 years ago

Blue
Now outa south Mangaweka comes a country boy
Truck shining like a pin
He’s a big bright boy by name of Willie McCoy
Back home they call him Slim

Now he’s tough as teak with an ornery streak
He’s got a turbo diesel brute
He works hard for his money
And it may sound funny
But he needs a ute he can’t root.

And everybody says “Jack! Don’t you know?
“You don’t tug on Superman’s cape.
“You don’t spit into the wind
“You don’t pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you don’t
“Mess around with Slim.”

Amazing what you can dig up on this Internet thingy...

# 9 20 years ago

Hi Blue....where can I download that version? I got the Jim Crose and the Josh Turner version from winmx, but its turning up blank for this one. Who is it? What words should I search to track it down?..Marilyn
# 10 20 years ago

Yes but the one on the L200 advert was not sung by JIm Croche. Also the lyrics were changed a bit.
# 11 20 years ago

yeah....I know that already...D'oh! What I dont know yet, is who did the ad version??? wake me up when you can tell me that Jeremy:)
# 12 20 years ago

Blue
Sorry folks,

Mitsubishi's reply to my e-mail;

Hi

I'm afraid there are no plans to release this in the UK. The version on the advert is not a complete song - it is a 60 second adaptation commissioned by Mitsubishi New Zealand and performed in the studio by "Lineman". The advert has been used in New Zealand for some time - when we saw how good it was, they agreed that the UK could 'borrow' it.

So there you go.

# 13 20 years ago

Thanks for doing a bit more indepth research Blue. It does sound like a kinda sexed-up version of the Jim Croce version, like they did with that Elvis song, little less conversation, has exactly that ring to it. I'll keep on trying to track it down to an ownable version, the 60 seconds on tv now and again just isnt enough. Surely Winmx will have it eventually......no?

thanks again...Marilyn
# 14 20 years ago

> PLEASE COULD YOU ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT THE FOLLOWING.... PAT(RICIA)
>
> > Please can you tell me if there is a cd on the mitsubishi advert and the name of the singer. I think the title is Don't mess around with him. I would be very grateful if you could help me on this. Many thanks.
> > Tina Tregear
>
# 15 20 years ago

JOSH TURNER - YOU DONT MESS AROUND WITH JIM
(Messages 1 to 15 of 25 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 10 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread