search user
Clipland Forum Other

PLEASE Mercedes Benz String commericial

(Messages 31 to 44 of 44 (Page 3 of 3) ) << Last 15 messages Post Reply
# 31 20 years ago

> i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
> the song is by a girl(sounds kind of like jewel) and the ending lyrics are like..
> string around my finger..
: what a world what a life oh im in love.
> any help? anyone? please?
It's called 'I've Got the World on a String' sung by Frank Sinatra, Diana Krall, and probably others. Now, who sings it in the commercial?

# 32 20 years ago

The one in Mercedez Benz commercial, it is indeed the song 'I've got the world on a string', however it isnt sang by Diana Krall, cuz i would recognize Diana Krall's voice, her voice would be smookier and deeper in a blues kinda way. I do like the version in Mercedez Benz though, but you should listen to Diana krall and Toni Bennet version also....enjoy
# 33 20 years ago

> The song 'I've got the world on the string' is by Diana Krall, but that isn't her singing the song on the commercial. I am trying to find out who the person is that is singing it. It sounds like Norah Jones. Please let me know if you find out.
>
:> I think it may be Diana Krall's version of the 'I've got the world on a string' song. Frank Sinatra has sung that song and so has a few people. THe only thing is I've never heard Diana Krall's version, and judging by the jazzy nature of the song, the song in the commercial could be hers.
>> If you get anymore information be sure to post!

# 34 20 years ago

Indeed, I am also looking to find out who it is, it does sound like it could be Norah Jones, but it's not on her first album...has anyone heard anything more about this?
# 35 20 years ago

Paul
Good thing the tune isn't available. This is about this most ignorant, fucking car ad I've seen in years!

:> i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
> According to ad-rag(http://ad-rag.com/print.php?sid=104559) it's an original arrangement and not available on CD. Here is their info:
: 'Tune - I've Got The World on a String
: Music - Harold Arlen
: Lyrics - Ted Koehler
: The version in the spot is an original arrangement.
: Music studio: Sound Music
: Vocalist: Ann M. Hayden
: Sorry, but the track ain't available on CD'

# 36 20 years ago

Lily
The song's title is 'I've Got the World on a String'. As for the singer, well, I can't help you there. Nobody seems to know...
# 37 20 years ago

Tina
I've Got The World On A String....
# 38 20 years ago

Hey all,
I, too, have spent many an hour searching for the name behind the lovely voice on the Mercedes-Benz Summer Event commercials. It isn't Diana Krall, or Norah Jones....the song was written originally in the 20's/30's by Harold Arlen and T. Koehler. It was remade by the likes of Krall, Bennett, Louis Armstrong, Peggy Lee, and Sinatra among others.
I've done Google searches, i've searched on kazaa, I e-mailed the webmaster at the mercedes site (webmaster@criticalmass.com), and i've even gone to the source (html) code on mbusa.com on the off chance that the song and the songstress would be named ....no such luck.
I don't know what else to do....if anyone out there has any ideas or finds the answer, please let me know at muzzy750@hotmail.com. thanks!

# 39 20 years ago

That version is by a chick named Ann Hayden. I E-Mailed Mercedes and asked them. According to the person who responded to my E-Mail it hasn't been released and they don't plan on releasing it for sale.
# 40 19 years ago

> The song 'I've got the world on the string' is by Diana Krall, but that isn't her singing the song on the commercial. I am trying to find out who the person is that is singing it. It sounds like Norah Jones. Please let me know if you find out.
>
> : I think it may be Diana Krall's version of the 'I've got the world on a string' song. Frank Sinatra has sung that song and so has a few people. THe only thing is I've never heard Diana Krall's version, and judging by the jazzy nature of the song, the song in the commercial could be hers.
> > If you get anymore information be sure to post!
>
>
>The company doing the commercial said the song is sung by: Ann M Hayden, but that the song was an original done by her for the commercial and is not being sold. I was pretty upset about that myself.

Bonnie
www.bestchoicegifts.net
# 41 19 years ago

I just saw it for the first time today and have to know who this is. This is the only hit I got from my Google search. We will all know soon, I'll bet.

> Eugene -
> Any luck tracking down singer on this. I'm looking for same information. Thank you.
> Jim
>
>
> : i have spent a good two hours going through past messages in search of the name of the song for the mercedes benz string campaign.
> > the song is by a girl(sounds kind of like jewel) and the ending lyrics are like..
> > string around my finger..
> : what a world what a life oh im in love.
> > any help? anyone? please?
>
>
# 42 19 years ago

> > could it be norah jones?
>
> I thought it was Nora Jones at first, but it's not on her CD, nor does it show up when I search for it on Kazaa/Google. It sounds like her, and she might have just recorded it for the commcial. In that case, it's not avable for distribution. I hope someone can find out who sings it soon!
>
> I thought it sound more like sixpence none the richer.
# 43 18 years ago

It's a remake by Erin O'Hara
erinohara.com

>
# 44 18 years ago

> I think it may be Diana Krall's version of the 'I've got the world on a string' song. Frank Sinatra has sung that song and so has a few people. THe only thing is I've never heard Diana Krall's version, and judging by the jazzy nature of the song, the song in the commercial could be hers.
> If you get anymore information be sure to post!
> It is a remake by Erin O'Hara erinohara.com

(Messages 31 to 44 of 44 (Page 3 of 3) ) << Last 15 messages

This Thread

44 posts in this thread