search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

VH1 "Cat singing" song

(Messages 1 to 15 of 17 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 2 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 20 years ago

What the hell is the name of the song that the 'singing cats' sing.
# 2 20 years ago

I don't know...but I would really like to find out...please someone help.
# 3 20 years ago

There are two, but you probably mean the one with Fischerspooner called 'Emerge'. The other one is Culture Club 'Karma Chameleon'(sp?)
# 4 20 years ago

> There are two, but you probably mean the one with Fischerspooner called 'Emerge'. The other one is Culture Club 'Karma Chameleon'(sp?)
That's not entirely correct. The VH1 commerical is a mix of two songs. The first is Emerge by Fischerspooner and the 'what's that sound' portion is mixed from Les Rythmes Digitales' song What's That Sound. It took me over two hours to track that down--damn, it's catchy!
# 5 20 years ago

Actually, there are 2 VH1 clips with Emerge - the first is the commercial with different artists, & you're right, it's the combo of Emerge & What's That Sound. The 2nd is these little kittens 'singing' Emerge, I've only seen it once at the end of one of the 'I Love the 80s' & it's honestly one of the funniest things ever. 3 little glam-elektroklash kittens performing Emerge. I'm trying to track down the clip online, but no luck so far...
# 6 20 years ago

If you ever find the clip online, let us all know - it's hilarious!
# 7 20 years ago

> If you ever find the clip online, let us all know - it's hilarious!
The clip is made by a man named Joel Veitch. He has his own website called www.Rathergood.com There are several songs that the kittens sing, but still no clip from the VH1 commercial. Website is worth a check, though. I highly recommend Viking Kitties singing Zepplin

# 8 20 years ago

James
Bobby, the two commercials youre talking about, I love. Hilarious. One song is, of course, Karma Chameleon. The other is a song called Emerge by Fischerspooner. Ive heard several remixes of it, so you might find a couple o versions that are different. Really like the song, though. :)
# 9 20 years ago

I just saw another one. Snoop Doggy Dogg.
Funny

# 10 20 years ago

> What the hell is the name of the song that the 'singing cats' sing.
Im thinking the same thing, 'What is the name of the song the cats sing'
# 11 20 years ago

> Bobby, the two commercials youre talking about, I love. Hilarious. One song is, of course, Karma Chameleon. The other is a song called Emerge by Fischerspooner. Ive heard several remixes of it, so you might find a couple o versions that are different. Really like the song, though. :)
does anyone know where i can find a download of the video itself?
# 12 20 years ago

Its Fisherspooner Dave Clark Remix
>> There are two, but you probably mean the one with Fischerspooner called 'Emerge'. The other one is Culture Club 'Karma Chameleon'(sp?)
> That's not entirely correct. The VH1 commerical is a mix of two songs. The first is Emerge by Fischerspooner and the 'what's that sound' portion is mixed from Les Rythmes Digitales' song What's That Sound. It took me over two hours to track that down--damn, it's catchy!

# 13 20 years ago

Xsniper0
Anyone knows the Software they use for creating the ainmated Cats ?
# 14 20 years ago

> Anyone knows the Software they use for creating the ainmated Cats ?
>
Looks like they were done by Joel Veitch of rathergood.com using Shockwave Flash. You can view his FAQ page where he discusses some of his work here: http://www.rathergood.com/faq/
# 15 20 years ago

I found the link to the video on VH1's website after a bit of searching. Go here and look at the bottom for the "Kitties Promo": http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/fischersthingyer/videos.jhtml
(Messages 1 to 15 of 17 (Page 1 of 2) ) Next 2 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread