search user
Clipland Forum Other

VW Beetle Convertible Commercial

(Messages 16 to 30 of 36 (Page 2 of 3) ) << Last 15 messages | Next 6 messages >> Post Reply
# 16 21 years ago

HI
> The song is called Mr. Blue Sky. It was originally done by Electric Light Orchestra in the 70s but the version in the commercial is a cover. I don't know who performs it. If you find out, please post a follow-up because I'm trying to find out as well. Thanks.
It seems that the cover on the commercial is simply a new version by ELO lead singer Jeff Lynne. Now, if anyone knows where I could attain a copy of this version, that would be great.
# 17 21 years ago

> :> Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
>> It;s NICK DRAKE and the song is PINK MOON.
> PINK MOON is the acoustic song in the VW Cabriolet commercial...the one at night with them driving with the top down. beautiful song. the new commercial, which i _think_ is only playing in theaters right now, is seriously one of the best commercials i've ever seen.
> if anyone ever finds a download of it, let me know!!! i'd love to get a copy without the $70 subscription to AdCritic.com.
> rockin'...
The song in the new Beetle Convertible Commercial is Mr. Blue Sky by ELO, I downloaded the song on BearShare.com Here are the music lyrics:

Sun is shinin' in the sky
There ain't a cloud in sight
It's stopped rainin' everybody's in a play
And don't you know
It's a beautiful new day hey,hey
Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Mister blue sky is living here today hey, hey
Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we go wrong?
Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for
Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Ev'rybody smiles at you
Mister blue sky, mister blue sky
Mister blue sky
Mister blue, you did it right
But soon comes mister night creepin' over
Now his hand is on your shoulder
Never mind I'll remember you this
I'll remember you this way
Mister blue sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long
Where did we go wrong?
Hey there mister blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Ev'rybody smiles at you
Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba
Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

# 18 21 years ago

> :> Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
> PINK MOON is the acoustic song in the VW Cabriolet commercial...the one at night with them driving with the top down. beautiful song. the new commercial, which i _think_ is only playing in theaters right now, is seriously one of the best commercials i've ever seen.
> if anyone ever finds a download of it, let me know!!! i'd love to get a copy without the $70 subscription to AdCritic.com.
> rockin'...
: .frankiejr

Actually the Nick Drake reference is for the Cabrio, not to be confused with the Beetle convertible. The 1967 hit 'Happy together' by the Turtles is the answer your looking for.

# 19 21 years ago

> : Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
> It;s NICK DRAKE and the song is PINK MOON.
That's not right. Its not Nick Drake. That's for an older commercial where some people are driving around at night looking at the stars.

# 20 21 years ago

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3306007275

# 21 21 years ago

Will
The actual song is 'Mr Blue Sky' by the Electric Light Orchestra

# 22 21 years ago

I would love to find a link for the Pink Moon, VW commercial.
- Bill

:> : Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
> rockin'...

# 23 21 years ago

> rockin'...

Okay, no more confusion: The commercial with the 20-something going to work everyday is titled 'Bubble Boy.' The song featured is from 1977, from our old friends the Electric Light Orchaestra (ELO). The title is 'Mr. Blue Sky.' The song is on their Greatest Hits album. A Quicktime of the commercial is up at Volkswagen's website. Word.

# 24 20 years ago

Manny
The song is by the Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky (from the double lp Out Of The Blue. You can download the TVC (and the newest one) at www.vw.com/commercials

# 25 21 years ago

> rockin'...
I have the song download!!! and i didn;t have to pay anything... LOL
BYEP

# 26 21 years ago

mr. blue sky from ELO
greetinx till
# 27 20 years ago

> : Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
> It;s NICK DRAKE and the song is PINK MOON.
NO, actually that's in a Passat or Golf commercial. The one with the guy in the suit uses 'Mr. Blue Sky' by Electric Light Orchestra. Then there's a new one with a song I believe might be by the Flaming Lips (Face the Day?)

# 28 20 years ago

Ryan
> He didn't ask what the song in the VW CABRIO commercial is.
so that isnt the right song? didnt sound like it
# 29 20 years ago

RYan
> :> : Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
>> : It;s NICK DRAKE and the song is PINK MOON.
>> He didn't ask what the song in the VW CABRIO commercial is.
> so that isnt the right song? didnt sound like it
> I got it!!!! Its MR. Blue Sky by the electric light orchestra!
# 30 20 years ago

> :> :> Does anybody know the name of the song/band that plays the background music in the VW Beetle Convertible Commercial in the movie theatres? The commericial is basicially about a guy who works a firm and gets up every day and puts on a different suit and tie and goes to work....Thanks y'all
>> :> It;s NICK DRAKE and the song is PINK MOON.
>> : He didn't ask what the song in the VW CABRIO commercial is.
>> so that isnt the right song? didnt sound like it
>> I got it!!!! Its MR. Blue Sky by the electric light orchestra!
>scratch that. its by ELO

(Messages 16 to 30 of 36 (Page 2 of 3) ) << Last 15 messages | Next 6 messages >>

This Thread

30 posts in this thread