search user
Clipland Forum Other

Miss Universe Pageant - You Are My Star lyrics.

(Messages 1 to 15 of 40 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 19 years ago

Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!
# 2 19 years ago

Are you sure it's the Miss Universe show you are talking about? My cousin works with them MUO and I asked her about it, and she said nothing like that was played. Maybe Miss World? I also watched the Miss Universe 2004 pageant and nothing like that was done.
# 3 19 years ago

The song was last played about mid 1990's, & it was never sung again...would your cousin have footage of past pageants, say 1992 (to be safe)?

> Are you sure it's the Miss Universe show you are talking about? My cousin works with them MUO and I asked her about it, and she said nothing like that was played. Maybe Miss World? I also watched the Miss Universe 2004 pageant and nothing like that was done.
# 4 19 years ago

Troy
the last time I saw it done was when Dayanara Torres Miss PR won in Mexico City in 1993
# 5 19 years ago

Yeah, i've been looking for this song as well. The "You Are My Star" used to be sung by the Little Sisters during the evening gown competition on the Miss Universe Pageant up till the 1994 pageant. Actually it was sort of 2 songs in one, as halfway through the nightgown competition, they would start singing "When you wish upon a Star". I'm pretty sure that if the Miss Universe Organization ever released some sort of greatest moments CD or DVD collection it would pretty much be a hit. If anybody finds out anything on this song, it would be awesome.
# 6 19 years ago

> The song was last played about mid 1990's, & it was never sung again...would your cousin have footage of past pageants, say 1992 (to be safe)?
>
> > Are you sure it's the Miss Universe show you are talking about? My cousin works with them MUO and I asked her about it, and she said nothing like that was played. Maybe Miss World? I also watched the Miss Universe 2004 pageant and nothing like that was done.
> It really was played during the long gown competition of the miss universe. it's where the little sisters of the country mu was being held on give the finalists a rose.
# 7 19 years ago

> Are you sure it's the Miss Universe show you are talking about? My cousin works with them MUO and I asked her about it, and she said nothing like that was played. Maybe Miss World? I also watched the Miss Universe 2004 pageant and nothing like that was done.
# 8 19 years ago

You are my Star
You light my way
you brighten all my nights and make my day

You are my star
I'm not alone
now that i have one of my very own

and if i start to lose my way
i search the sky and find out where... you are
then i call on you and you shine through
because you are...because you are my star

Bare a smile when she smiles
She brings to those who watch
the sweet fullfillment of
your secret longing...

like a hope...like a dream
no request, is too extreme
when you wish, upon a star
your dreams, your dreams come true.

La la la, la la la
# 9 18 years ago

> Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!

>> Yes, I want it to.
# 10 18 years ago

> > Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!
>
>
> >> Yes, I want it to.
# 11 18 years ago

> > Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!
>
>
> >> Yes, I want it to.
# 12 18 years ago

>
>
> >> Yes, I want it to.
# 13 18 years ago

>
>
> >> Yes, I want it to.
# 14 18 years ago

> > > Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!
> >
> >
> > >> Yes, I want it to.
>
# 15 18 years ago

> > > > Does any have any clips, lyrics, music of that song they played in the 80's & 90's during the evening gown competition. They had the 'Little Sisters' walking down the cat walk & then presenting each contestant with a flower? Please help!
> > >
> > >
> > > >> Yes, I want it to.
> >
>
(Messages 1 to 15 of 40 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread