search user
Clipland Forum Other

Classical music in Mercedes-Benz commercial?

(All 14 messages ) Post Reply
Question

There's a commercial running for Mercedes-Benz with some great clasical music. The theme of the commercial is "trust" or something similar. It shows people who have been depending on their Mercedes-Benz vehicle for years, with a moving piece of classical music in the background. Lots of swelling strings, emotional stuff. Can anybody tell me what the name of the song is? Thanks!
# 2 19 years ago

Three new ads from Mercedes-Benz hope to show the "enduring relationship" between the company and its customers. Two ads focus on photographs of the owners posing with their cars while the third ad shows the loyality between owner and vehicle.

"Multiple Portraits" features the song "Au Reve" by DJ Cassius and closes with the tag line "No one ever poses with their toaster."

"Framed Portraits" is set to an acoustic guitar with a female crooning "Your picture is on my wall" and ends with the tag line "The Love Never Fades." The song is called "Amazed" (performed by Mozella) and was created specifically for the ad. Some people say it would sound as if performed by Norah Jones.

The third and most dramatic ad, entitled "Faithful", showcases owners as their various accomplishments are mentioned on screen. A powerful orchestral tune is heard during the ad and was created by Martin Hewer with the production agency Amber Music for the ad.

Also, answers on this question here got a little off track:
In relation to an airline commercial, Diana Krall with "I've Got The World on a String" got mentioned.
Another Mercedes-Benz Commercial with the slogan "Drive the Elements" uses Rammstein "Mein Herz Brennt".
Edited by moderator on Tue Jan 30 21:09:30 2018
# 3 19 years ago

> There's a commercial running for Mercedes-Benz with a song that sounds as if it is performed by Norah Jones. I would think it is "Love you the same" or something of that nature. I'm dying to find out who sings the song and what the title is. The theme of the commercial is The Love Never Fades. Thanks!
>
# 4 19 years ago

iskren
> There's a commercial running for Mercedes-Benz with some great clasical music. The theme of the commercial is "trust" or something similar. It shows people who have been depending on their Mercedes-Benz vehicle for years, with a moving piece of classical music in the background. Lots of swelling strings, emotional stuff. Can anybody tell me what the name of the song is? Thanks!
>
# 5 19 years ago

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

I'm in an awful quandry.

I remember a beautiful classical piano piece that was used in an airline advertisement in about 1974 or 1975. I believe it was United Airlines before they started using the famous Gerswin Rapsody in Blue.
I've searched through all my Chopin CDs, and some Bach CDs that I have. It's a piano piece, sort of like (but isn't) Song of India, a sort of minor key. Very subtle, somewhat sultry. Entracing and beautiful at the same time, but all piano.

Anyone out there who might know (like Karl Haas of NPR??) Or just someone who is infinitely more educated in classical music than myself?

Robert
rslevi@juno.com
# 6 19 years ago

I don't know! I'm looking for the one that sounds like Maria Muldaur from the early '70's and she is singing a song with the line "I've got the world on a string". Any help in finding this song would be great! I don't know who sings it or what the name of it is, but I want a copy of it!

Thanks!
# 7 19 years ago

Diana Krall
Title: I've Got The World on a String
Album: Only Trust Your Heart

[SPONSOR]

I've got the world on a string
Sitting on a rainbow
Got the string around my finger
What a world what a life
Ooh I am in love

I've got this song that I sing
I can make the rain go
Anytime I move my finger
Lucky me can't you see
I am in love

Life is a beautiful thing
As long as I've got a hold of that string
I'd be a silly so-and-so
If I should ever let go

I got the world on a string
Sitting on a rainbow
Got the string around my finger
Lucky me can't you see
I am in love
# 8 19 years ago

"Framed Portraits" is set to an acoustic guitar with a female crooning "Your picture is on my wall" and ends with the tag line "The Love Never Fades." The song is called "Amazed" (performed by Mozella) and was created specifically for the ad.

Edited by moderator on Tue Jan 30 20:58:15 2018
# 9 19 years ago

I am looking for that same song and artist as well in the new Mercedes Benz commercial. It doesn't sound like Norah Jones and I downloaded the Diana Krall song and it's not that! This artist's unique voice is intriguing and I wish to find a copy of that song! If you find out please post here! ~Doug~
# 10 19 years ago

Here's the song which I found on another site ---> "Framed Portraits" is set to an acoustic guitar with a female crooning "Your picture is on my wall" and ends with the tag line "The Love Never Fades." The song is called "Amazed" (performed by Mozella) and was created specifically for the ad.

Hmmmmm now how to get it or find a copy...

~Doug~
# 11 19 years ago

The new 'DRIVE THE ELEMENTS' advert with a guy trying to escape storm clouds then putting the roof up on his merc features 'MEIN HERZ BRENNT' by Rammstein
# 12 19 years ago

The song sounds very familiar. I keep thinking it is from a movie. Do you know how I could get a copy of this music? It's beautiful.

Thank you!

The song you are inquiring about is the third spot mentioned in this article. Hope this helps.
>
> Jim
>
>
>
> Three new ads from Mercedes-Benz hope to show the "enduring relationship" between the company and its customers. Two ads focus on photographs of the owners posing with their cars while the third ad shows the loyality between owner and vehicle.
>
> "Multiple Portraits" features the song "Au Reve" by DJ Cassius and closes with the tag line "No one ever poses with their toaster."
>
> "Framed Portraits" is set to an acoustic guitar with a female crooning "Your picture is on my wall" and ends with the tag line "The Love Never Fades." The song is called "Amazed" (performed by Mozella) and was created specifically for the ad.
>
> The third and most dramatic ad, entitled "Faithful," showcases owners as their various accomplishments are mentioned on screen. A powerful orchestral tune is heard during the ad and was created by Martin Hewer with the production agency Amber Music for the ad. (All info via the Adtunes.com Forums.)
# 13 19 years ago

helpful
I liked that song too. I just found out it was done specifically for the commercial and the artist is Mozella. The song title was Amazed

> > There's a commercial running for Mercedes-Benz with a song that sounds as if it is performed by Norah Jones. I would think it is "Love you the same" or something of that nature. I'm dying to find out who sings the song and what the title is. The theme of the commercial is The Love Never Fades. Thanks!
> >
>
# 14 19 years ago

mike
> > There's a commercial running for Mercedes-Benz with a song that sounds as if it is performed by Norah Jones. I would think it is "Love you the same" or something of that nature. I'm dying to find out who sings the song and what the title is. The theme of the commercial is The Love Never Fades. Thanks!
> >
>
(All 14 messages )

This Thread

14 posts in this thread