search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

British Airways commercial song

(Messages 16 to 21 of 21 (Page 2 of 2) ) << Last 15 messages Post Reply
# 16 18 years ago

lakme`\ delibes

> > does anyone know the song from the british airways commercial, with russian cosmonauts in it? (i believe there are different commercials that have the same song in them too). It's sort of an opera song.
> >
> > sorry, i dont know it either...just wondering if you ever found the answer, because i too, would be interested in knowing. thanks
>
# 17 18 years ago

i
its called the flower duet
# 18 18 years ago

I was searching for it as well, and guess what, I found it just now! It is called "Flower Duet" and you can find it on iTunes at this address

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=0&selectedItemId=5812042
# 19 17 years ago

> IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IS THE SONG ARIA BY YANNI A THE SINGER IS DARLEEN KOLDENHOVEN...I AM TRYING TO GET THE LYRICS BUT IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE..THE CD IS DEVOTION BY YANNI
> : does anyone know the song from the british airways commercial, with russian cosmonauts in it? (i believe there are different commercials that have the same song in them too). It's sort of an opera song.
>
>
# 20 17 years ago

The 2005-06 Version of commercial uses the acoustic piano version.

It is NOT, however, Yanni's original.
The English titled of the original song is called "Flower duet" from the French Opera "Lakmé" composed by Léo Delibes in the beginning of 19th century.
The French title of the song is
"Viens, Mallika, ... Dôme Épais."

Hope this helps you find a lyric...

> > IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN IS THE SONG ARIA BY YANNI A THE SINGER IS DARLEEN KOLDENHOVEN...I AM TRYING TO GET THE LYRICS BUT IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE..THE CD IS DEVOTION BY YANNI
> > : does anyone know the song from the british airways commercial, with russian cosmonauts in it? (i believe there are different commercials that have the same song in them too). It's sort of an opera song.
> >
> >
>
# 21 16 years ago

The song used in the British Airways commercial is "Sous le dome epais" from the opera Lakme by Leo Delibes. It is the song Yanni had arranged for his album. I sang it in his "Yanni, Live at the Acropolis" TV Video and I believe my version appears again on his "In the Mirror" album. I have since arranged this song in two ways on my #1 New Age/Classical Crossover CD, "Infinite Voice." You can find clips and more at my website www.darlenekoldenhoven.com.
(Messages 16 to 21 of 21 (Page 2 of 2) ) << Last 15 messages

This Thread

21 posts in this thread