search user
Clipland Forum Other

Cover Song on Universal Studios Commercial

(All 10 messages ) Post Reply
# 1 14 years ago

Could anyone tell me which cover version of Surrender (originally performed by Cheap Trick) is played in the Universal Studios Commercial?
# 2 14 years ago

Mark R.
It is by Less Than Jake - on thier new album Anthem. Track 14, a bonus track. I just got the CD myself and have been looking for this Surrender cover for a while.

> Could anyone tell me which cover version of Surrender (originally performed by Cheap Trick) is played in the Universal Studios Commercial?
# 3 14 years ago

>
I have been looking forever, but I was using Yahoo!. They were no help. i go to google and what do yo know...it's the 1st thing to pop up

> It is by Less Than Jake - on thier new album Anthem. Track 14, a bonus track. I just got the CD myself and have been looking for this Surrender cover for a while.
>
> > Could anyone tell me which cover version of Surrender (originally performed by Cheap Trick) is played in the Universal Studios Commercial?
# 4 14 years ago

u r stupid
# 5 14 years ago

I was looking for the same thing. I think the song is 'surrender' by simple plan. It sounds the same to me. Sorry if I am wrong... but that's my vote right now.
# 6 14 years ago

Chris
I think will answer your question :

http://www.digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=24580

> Could anyone tell me which cover version of Surrender (originally performed by Cheap Trick) is played in the Universal Studios Commercial?
# 7 14 years ago

rachel

Simple Plan has done a version
# 8 14 years ago

John H.
The song is, in fact, the Cheap Trick version, it's just been remixed. A company called DeepMix reworked the song specifically for the commercial. The full story on that can be found here:

http://www.digitalproducer.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=24580
# 9 12 years ago

> >
> I have been looking forever, but I was using Yahoo!. They were no help. i go to google and what do yo know...it's the 1st thing to pop up
>
> > It is by Less Than Jake - on thier new album Anthem. Track 14, a bonus track. I just got the CD myself and have been looking for this Surrender cover for a while.
> >
> > > Could anyone tell me which cover version of Surrender (originally performed by Cheap Trick) is played in the Universal Studios Commercial?
# 10 11 years ago

Sapranio's commercial
(All 10 messages )

This Thread

10 posts in this thread