search user
Clipland Forum Other

who sings 'blue skies' in the new hewlett packard

(All 9 messages ) Post Reply
# 1 14 years ago

commercial?
# 2 14 years ago

That's the inimitable Maxine Sullivan, recorded in 1937. One of the great singers of the 20th Century, IMHO.
# 3 14 years ago

> commercial?

There are many people who sing it including most female great jazz and blues singers but the version you are talking about is a mystery to me too. All version are more up tempo and have more of a swing feel.

You and I are looking for the HP version that is a tad ambient and straight ahead.

Let me know when you fine out

Sorry I couldnt help you

# 4 14 years ago

> commercial?
Ethan,I'm trying to find the artist of the HP commercial also.Don't know if it is a repro attempting to sound retro from the 30's or 40's.If you do find out please let me know,I'll do the same. Mike.
# 5 14 years ago

Maxine Sullivan, here is the amazon link for the cd,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000DBV5/ref=nosim
# 6 14 years ago

> That's the inimitable Maxine Sullivan, recorded in 1937. One of the great singers of the 20th Century, IMHO.
Ethan,Could you please tell me the name of the album?
# 7 14 years ago

Check the amazon link above. You can find that recording on the linked page, or the CD called "1937-38" or "Say It With A Kiss." Enjoy!
# 8 14 years ago

polar bear
The song in the new HP campaign is "Blue Skies," written by Irving Berlin, sung by Maxine Sullivan
# 9 14 years ago

> > commercial?
>
> There are many people who sing it including most female great jazz and blues singers but the version you are talking about is a mystery to me too. All version are more up tempo and have more of a swing feel.
>
> You and I are looking for the HP version that is a tad ambient and straight ahead.
>
> Let me know when you fine out
>
> Sorry I couldnt help you
>
>
>
>
I think the one you are looking for is Maxine Sullivan's version of Blue Skies.
(All 9 messages )

This Thread

9 posts in this thread