search user
Clipland Forum Music Videos

Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To with lyrics added by me

(The only message ) Post Reply
# 1 13 years ago

allan5742
Song Info:

"If You Asked Me To" is the title of a song written and originally released as the lead single for Patti LaBelle's seventh solo studio album, entitled Be Yourself, and for the Licence to KillDiane Warren. The lyrics are from the point of view of a woman who pleads to her significant other: soundtrack. The song is a ballad written by critically-acclaimed songwriter

"If you asked me to
I just might change my mind
And let you in my heart forever."

"If You Asked Me To" was first featured on the soundtrack of the 1989 James Bond movie, Licence to Kill. LaBelle's version peaked at number 79 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, at number 10 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, and at number 11 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks.

The music video was filmed shortly after Jacqueline "Jackie" Padgett (the third of Patti LaBelle's sisters to die; all three of her sisters died before age 44) died of lung cancer at age 43, and just one day after her funeral. As such, the context of the song changed dramatically, as a mourning LaBelle, dressed in black, sings the song in a church (with candles and mourning lilies), intercut with shots of her in tears.
Despite being a Top 10 hit on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts[1], the song did not crossover to the pop charts until CĂ©line Dion covered it three years later. Regarding the subject, LaBelle once explained during an interview used for the liner notes of her 1999 Greatest Hits album what she believed to be the reason for this fact: "I knew the song was a hit when I recorded it, and I was happy that Celine did it and did so well with it. But the arrangements are so close and we both have pretty powerful voices...so who knows why my version didn't take off. Maybe it was timing...

Media Info:

Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format/Family : RIFF
File size : 71.7 MiB
PlayTime : 3mn 41s
Bit rate : 2714 Kbps

Download:
http://hotfile.com/dl/66687406/3d6bd89/Celine_Dion_-_If_You_Asked_Me_To.avi.html
(The only message )

This Thread

Only 1 post in this thread yet