search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

tiaa cref commercial

(Messages 1 to 15 of 39 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 19 years ago

Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
# 2 19 years ago

hector
> Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
# 3 19 years ago

hector
> > Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
> There are several versions of "SOMEWHERE" on the various TIAA CREF ads including the one with the piano tuner, that version by Chan Marshall (Cat Power)and the one in the auditorium, sung by Etta James.
# 4 19 years ago

> Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.

I believe there are three versions of the TIAA CREF commercial, all featuring the same song, "Somewhere". One of them (showing shots of a large classroom of students) is Etta James, an outstanding rendition. I don't yet know who the performers are for the other versions (one set in a museum, another in a hospital).
# 5 19 years ago

Good evening,

I am asking everyone the same thing. I have to know who sings that song. I cannot find the Etta James version.

> > > Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
> > There are several versions of "SOMEWHERE" on the various TIAA CREF ads including the one with the piano tuner, that version by Chan Marshall (Cat Power)and the one in the auditorium, sung by Etta James.
>
# 6 19 years ago

> > Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
>
> I believe there are three versions of the TIAA CREF commercial, all featuring the same song, "Somewhere". One of them (showing shots of a large classroom of students) is Etta James, an outstanding rendition. I don't yet know who the performers are for the other versions (one set in a museum, another in a hospital).

actually its not etta james, its Vic Chesnutt
# 7 19 years ago

Does anyone know which performance hall the piano tuner is working in?
>
> I believe there are three versions of the TIAA CREF commercial, all featuring the same song, "Somewhere". One of them (showing shots of a large classroom of students) is Etta James, an outstanding rendition. I don't yet know who the performers are for the other versions (one set in a museum, another in a hospital).
# 8 19 years ago

Yeah,

It's David Sylvian... the song is called "somewhere"

# 9 19 years ago

The song is from the musical Westside Story. Here are the lyrics.
There's a place for us
Somewhere a place for us
Peace and quiet and open air
Wait for us
Somewhere

There's a time for us
Some day a time for us
Time together
With time to spare
Time to look
Time to care
Someday,

Somewhere
We'll find a new way of living We'll find a way of forgiving
Somewhere

There's a place for us
A time and place for us
Hold my hand
And we're halfway there
Hold my hand
And I'll take you there
Somehow
Someday
Somewhere

>
# 10 19 years ago

>The name of the song is "Somewhere"- and I would like to know who it is as well? thanks
# 11 19 years ago

>
# 12 19 years ago

Song from The West Side Story called "Somewhere". Ian McCulloch does this version and its not out yet.
# 13 19 years ago

I thought one version was by Low, but I guess that is Cat Power eh? I always get her voice confused with the girl from Low...

According to the official answer I got from TIAA CREF when I asked this question:

There are two artists singing the vocals to 'Somewhere' in our
television commercials. Below is a brief bio of each artist:

David Sylvian sings the 60-second version. Born David Batt in Kent,
England on February 23, 1958. Sylvian founded a group called 'Japan' in
1974 and served as their primary singer/songwriter throughout the
group's eight-year existence. Writer, producer, singer, musician,
co-conspirator of the 'new romantic' movement of the late '70s, photographer,
painter and installation artist, Sylvian is essentially an artist's
artist. Following the 1982 dissolution of Japan, the group's onetime front
man, David Sylvian, staked out a far-ranging and esoteric career of
solo projects.

Ian McCulloch sings the 30-second version. The front man of
Liverpool's Echo & the Bunnymen, Ian McCulloch got his start with Pete Wylie and
Julian Cope as the Crucial Three. This band lasted just over a month
and McCulloch formed Echo & the Bunnymen with Will Sergeant in 1978.
Echo went on to become one of England's most successful and important pop
bands throughout the 80's. McCulloch left the band in late 1988 to
pursue a solo career.
# 14 19 years ago

> Good evening,
>
> I am asking everyone the same thing. I have to know who sings that song. I cannot find the Etta James version.
>
> > > > Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
> > > There are several versions of "SOMEWHERE" on the various TIAA CREF ads including the one with the piano tuner, that version by Chan Marshall (Cat Power)and the one in the auditorium, sung by Etta James.
> >
> Where was the auditorium scene shot?
# 15 19 years ago

Kris Tash
> Good evening,
>
> I am asking everyone the same thing. I have to know who sings that song. I cannot find the Etta James version.
> Hello Ive looked all over too for the Etta James version....when you find it please let me know. Thanks.
> > > > Does anyone know who sings the song "A Place for Us" in the TIAA CREF commercial? Thanks for your help.
> > > There are several versions of "SOMEWHERE" on the various TIAA CREF ads including the one with the piano tuner, that version by Chan Marshall (Cat Power)and the one in the auditorium, sung by Etta James.
> >
>
(Messages 1 to 15 of 39 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread