search user
Clipland Forum Other

The sunlight detergent ad

(Messages 1 to 15 of 37 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >> Post Reply
# 1 19 years ago

malone
does anyone know the name of the song (or who sings it) that is on the new sunlight washing detergent ad where the kid has his shoe in the tree......its driving me nuts....it goes "...cuz youre the apple of my eye..."
# 2 19 years ago

URGH!
I need to know that song from the sunlight detergent ad, with the kid trying to get his shoe out of the tree. the song goes "i don't need ice cream, i don't need pie, cuz your the appple of my eye". ANYONE who knows it pleasepleaseplease leet me know!
# 3 19 years ago

I too am having the same problem, but there was another earlier one with a song nearly as good. It went something like, "love.....love.....love" with some instumental dah-dah-dah's between the "love"s. it had a girl with a brimming glass of grape juice trying to carry it. In anycase, they are great songs and I dont know who did them. It seems as if commercial music is getting really good lately.
# 4 19 years ago

> I TOO am having the same problem. After not seeing my cousin for 11 years, I tend to sing this to her all the time online. Well, I have been dying to actually play it for her. I will look back here to see if any of you have leads, or if I find out I'll let ya know.

G'Luck All
-CanadianDitzGirl
# 5 19 years ago

Chris
I e-mailed the folks at sunlight and they told me that They hired someone to do that song for them. They wouldn't tell me who the guy singing was.
# 6 19 years ago

> does anyone know the name of the song (or who sings it) that is on the new sunlight washing detergent ad where the kid has his shoe in the tree......its driving me nuts....it goes "...cuz youre the apple of my eye..."
# 7 19 years ago

You beat me to it. This is what I got...

Thanks for writing!!

The song was created for the commercial by contracted composers, which is often the case for advertising. Unfortunately it is not available anywhere else.

Thank you for your interest!
Your friends at Sunlight
# 8 19 years ago

Thanks for writing!!

The song was created for the commercial by contracted composers, which is often the case for advertising. Unfortunately it is not available anywhere else.

Your friends at Sunlight
# 9 19 years ago

Thanks for writing!!

Your friends at Sunlight
# 10 19 years ago

Thanks for writing!!

Your friends at Sunlight
# 11 19 years ago

J
Hello everyone. My name is Jason, and I'm the composer of the Sunlight song. I'm glad you all like it so much. All the new Sunlight ads are so great, and it was a lot of fun making little tunes for them. Occasionally I'll do full versions of songs I write for commercials, so I'll let you know when "Apple of my Eye" is finished. I'll try and make it available for download. Out of curiousity, do you feel it discredits a song when it's written for an ad? Hopefully a good song is still a good song despite where it was born, and myself, and the other writers I work with, try to bring something a little more to ads so that everyone can better enjoy them.

Thanks.

Jason

> does anyone know the name of the song (or who sings it) that is on the new sunlight washing detergent ad where the kid has his shoe in the tree......its driving me nuts....it goes "...cuz youre the apple of my eye..."
# 12 19 years ago

I don't believe that it discredits a song. In the case of the Sunlight ad, it made me want to find the full version of the song. Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time searching for "Apple of My Eye" and not finding what I was looking for.

If I were to look for your work in MP3 format, what should I search for?
# 13 19 years ago

Getting paid for a song is no dishonour! Commercials are a viable way for an artist to make a living, whether as a film maker, composer, whatever. They give awards for feature length film music; I mean, look at Danny Elfman. Oingo Boingo (or even Batman) is not what he'll be remembered for, but everybody you know can hum the Simpsons theme song. When I first heard Apple of My Eye, I thought it was early Troggs and ran through their songlists; then I thought maybe Kinks, the vocal is sorta Davies-like. I'm more glad that there's original music out there that sounds that good. Please do let us know when that song is available. I'll be checking back.
# 14 19 years ago

well, what the hey, I'm sitting here at my computer and that song is audible from my roomates tv. ( the walls here are paper thin. ) yeah, guys , I like that tune.. in fact the other nite when we had no dessert , I picked up my guitar and played that tune....unfortunately I too am in the dark as to composer, album.....
# 15 19 years ago

well, jason, I must say i'm impressed, I actually study jazz performance at York University in toronto, but there will always be a place in my heart for them 3 chord song progressions! that one's real nice. It's catchy too.
As far as writing for products goes, well, does the fact that I LOOK FORWARD to seeing that commercial when I'm watching television( which is not very often lately) say anything? you elevate the level of a commercial ( most of them are so annoying these days ). I think it's really special. so, are there any more lyrics? can we check out some other stuff you've written perhaps. a real pleasure...thanks
sam
(Messages 1 to 15 of 37 (Page 1 of 3) ) Next 15 messages >>

This Thread

15 posts in this thread