search user
Advert
Advert
Clipland Forum Other

Choral music for Volvo commercial

(All 9 messages ) Post Reply
# 1 21 years ago

jared
Can anyone here identify the choral music that is used in the Volvo commercials? Would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the name of the composer and choir. Thanks.
# 2 21 years ago

(No, Not Jack Tripper!) And I Th
I've just recently seen the Ad, but the choir sounded much higher in their voices, so i'm leaning more towards a boys choir, but Mr. Rutter works only with the Cambridge Singers, but they sound much older, not as Angelic. Anyway, You be the judge!
# 3 21 years ago

Jared
Thank you very much for your assistance in tracking this down for me.

# 4 21 years ago

> Can anyone here identify the choral music that is used in the Volvo commercials? Would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the name of the composer and choir. Thanks.
Am also interested in identification of this choral piece. It is similar to Volvo commerical choral music about 3 to 5 years ago in a commerical showing a long shot of a Volvo cresting over several hills. Any ideas???
# 5 21 years ago

anon
It is John Rutter's 'What Sweeter Music'. Here is a site where you can download a mp3 of the performed piece:
http://www.whschambersingers.org/download.html

# 6 21 years ago

anon
http://www.whschambersingers.org/download.html

# 7 21 years ago

> Can anyone here identify the choral music that is used in the Volvo commercials? Would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the name of the composer and choir. Thanks.
Hopefully you're talking about the commercial where the voice overs are talking about the saftey of the car. If it is, the composer is John Rutter and the name of the music is, 'What Sweeter Music.' The choir, I am almost sure of it, since he usually uses them in all of his works, is the Cambridge Singers. Check out his CDs (Classical - Choral), they are quite good and I'm sure Volvo used his music a few years back. Once you get a sense of his style and his music, you'll be able to pick him out like that! He's quite distinguished.
# 8 21 years ago

THANK YOU so much for the information. I have been searching for months and feel so wonderful and complete now! With the holidays approaching fast, it is perfect music for meditation! Thanks again for your lead!
# 9 21 years ago

Jhenry
You will find info about the choral music at this site:
http://www.collegiumusa.com/3_whats_new.html
The music is from John Rutter's Christmas Album. I believe it is the Cambridge Singers

(All 9 messages )

This Thread

9 posts in this thread